[Numpy-discussion] fromfile and tofile access with a tempfile.TemporaryFile()

Tim Hirzel hirzel at resonon.com
Tue Dec 12 14:24:31 EST 2006

> I'm running linux and the current svn version of numpy. Maybe the
> problem is with the tempfile module on windows. Do fromfile and tofile
> work for files opened normally?
>
> Chuck

fromfile and tofile work fine on regular files.  From skimming the code
a bit, it's hard to imagine numpy code is the culprit, since it must be
getting a NULL pointer back from PyFile_AsFile(file)...  Perhaps this is
a question for a python dev list?  My gut says it's probably something
in the windows tempfile module.  But perhaps in the PyFile_AsFile(file)
implementation.  Seems one of those isn't playing nice.  It's all quite
mysterious to me...

tim