[Numpy-discussion] Final release of Numeric is actually 24.1

khinsen at cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Mon Nov 7 06:50:51 EST 2005

On Nov 4, 2005, at 7:51, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> I do hope people are encouraged to move toward scipy core,
> however.  It is stabilizing

Has anyone actually done this for a non-trivial package? What stops
me from even trying scipy.core is the large number of incompatible
changes, even though they are mostly superficial. I cannot give up
Numeric compatibility because all of my user base is using Numeric,
and will likely stick to Numeric at least until scipy.core is out of
beta, possibly longer. In the meantime, I would have to maintain two
versions of all my code (nearly all of my Python modules are
concerned by some of the changes), which is not something I am
looking forward to.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,