[Numpy-discussion] LinearAlgebra patch

Chris Barker chrishbarker at home.net
Thu Aug 30 13:12:59 EDT 2001

Jeff Whitaker wrote:
> Paul's initial comment
> was that since it was not self-contained (it required linking external
> blas and lapack libs) he could not consider putting it in.  I have
> rectified that now by including new versions of f2c_lite.c, blas_lite.c
> and d(z)lapack_lite.c that support the newer, faster lapack routines.

I don't know what it would take, but I would LOVE it if NumPy used a
highly optimised BLAS wherever possible. I have no idea whether there is
a good BLAS available for every major platform that has a licence that
allows it to be included with NumPy, but if so, I think it should be
included. I know this is more effor than just including a generic one,
but having optimum performace "out of the box" would be a great thing.

just my $.02, which is worth about that, as I am in littel position to
help...

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,