[Ncr-Python.in] [ilugd][NCR-PYTHON]Mail Server Creation in Python

Raakesh kumar kumar3180 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 10:45:59 CET 2012

[...]
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds interesting. Can you elaborate a little?
>
> You say that you will take data from your database and then receive from
> places like Google mail. How does that work?
>
> Sending email can be a simple script that uses smtplib and reads from a
> database. You can easily scale it by creating multiple instances of this
> script that operate on pieces of the database.

[/...]
Actually i simply don't have to write a mail sending script but a
specialized MTA in python. I have read that python smtplib uses other MTA
like sendmail(correct me if wrong).
[...]

> Receiving email means an SMTP server listening on a port. This will be a
> little more complicated but you can write one using lamson[1]. I don't
> know about how much email it can handle but if you do very minimal
> processing in Python before handing it over to a real SMTP server like
> postfix, it might be able to handle the load. Alternatively, you can
> simply let a regular smtp server receive email into a local spool file
> or store them in a way which is then exposed by an IMAP/POP server. Then
> a tiny python script to read emails out of this and process them would
> be able to lag behind the high email load.
>
> [/...]
I am now not intended to receive mails.
Actually i just wrote a python script to send mails using smtp but it was
very slow (nearly one mail per sec) but then i switched the code to
threading concept and created simultaneous threads to process it but this
also didn't help much (and now speed is nealy 4-6 mails/sec). I am very
worried whether i can achieve my peak value or not. But spending time on it
i realized that its not actually an MTA but a simple python script that
uses systems sendmail MTA.
Any suggestion on this?

--
Regards