[Ncr-Python.in] [ilugd][NCR-PYTHON]Mail Server Creation in Python

Raakesh kumar kumar3180 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:52:46 CET 2012

[...]
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds interesting. Can you elaborate a little?
>
> You say that you will take data from your database and then receive from
> places like Google mail. How does that work?

[/...]
First of all Thank You Sir. Actually, we have to send mails to so many
people like some lacks or so and sometimes concurrently e.g 5-6K per/sec
and Gmail generally doesn't provide facility(as much i know). So i thought
to develop my own system which can do it.
[...]

> Sending email can be a simple script that uses smtplib and reads from a
> database. You can easily scale it by creating multiple instances of this
> script that operate on pieces of the database.

 [/...]
Can you please elaborate this? What does that mean by operating in pieces?
[...]

> Receiving email means an SMTP server listening on a port. This will be a
> little more complicated but you can write one using lamson[1]. I don't
> know about how much email it can handle but if you do very minimal
> processing in Python before handing it over to a real SMTP server like
> postfix, it might be able to handle the load.

[/...]
This has been solved actually now we will not receive mails through it. Now
my requirement is just to build a system to send mails in fact bulk mails.
AFAIK i can pick data from database and by simple looping it can be sent to
others but this huge figure is something scary. Any comment on this?

--
Regards
RAKESH KUMAR