[Moin-user] Can one set the creation and modify dates of an article?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Feb 11 07:17:37 EST 2010

I think you are try to go the wrong way.

Moin's edit-log timestamps reflect when a revision of some content was
saved into the wiki. As that is an important timestamp for some
applications, we are not going to implement any way to fake it.

That timestamp does not (and does not have to) reflect when an event the
written content refers to has happened.

What you maybe want to try is to use e.g. MonthCalendar and create pages
with it. They'll have the date in the pagename as
CalendarPage/YYYY-MM-DD format and thus can be sorted easily. You can
also create such pages manually, of course.

Also, you can of course add <<DateTime(...)>> macros to the content. You
have to provide some timestamp to the macro as parameter (see what
@DATETIME@ creates when saving). Those macros can be used if you need to
refer to specific points in time and render them as reader's localtime
for international readers (but still refering to the same point in
time).