[Moin-user] newly created user accounts: getting notified automatically

R.Bauer rb.proj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 03:01:21 EDT 2008

kai at aplteam.com schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I am running a small Wiki. Everybody can look at it, and everybody can
> create a user account.
> Before a user can edit/change/delete an administrator must take
> action. In my case this is possible because the number of new users is
> so small.
>
> I have a program in place which, when started, displayes all new users
> in a list. Ticking a check box and clicking the "Process" button is
> enough the let the program add those users to a particular group page
> and send them a "welcome" email.
>
> Only problem is: I would like to get a automated notifications as soon
> as a new user account is created. One can subscribe to page changes.
> Is there a similar feature available for new user accounts?

The notification of 1.7 has got a lot of changes and does support
Notification sent when pages are changed in various ways (content
change, page rename, deletion, page copy), users being created (visible
to super user only!), attachments being added and users subscribing to
pages...

http://moinmo.in/HelpOnNotification

cheers
Reimar