[Moin-user] newly created user accounts: getting notified automatically

kai at aplteam.com kai at aplteam.com
Mon Jun 16 02:45:38 EDT 2008

Hi

I am running a small Wiki. Everybody can look at it, and everybody can
create a user account.
Before a user can edit/change/delete an administrator must take
action. In my case this is possible because the number of new users is
so small.

I have a program in place which, when started, displayes all new users
in a list. Ticking a check box and clicking the "Process" button is
enough the let the program add those users to a particular group page
and send them a "welcome" email.

Only problem is: I would like to get a automated notifications as soon
as a new user account is created. One can subscribe to page changes.
Is there a similar feature available for new user accounts?

Kai