[Moin-user] Which elements containing old user data can I remove?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sun Jul 13 14:26:11 EDT 2008

> However, I now have some user complaints that they are having error
> messages when they log in, such as:
>
> AttributeError: User instance has no attribute 'aliasname'

This is a bug. Either in the LDAP auth configuration or in the LDAP auth
code. Please file a bug report on the wiki and provide:
 * traceback.html (just save the it in the browser when you see the
AttributeError)
 * your ldap auth related wiki configuration parts (remove secret
information)

> For instance, can I remove the:
> /data/event-log file

Yes, if you don't need statistics, you can truncate this any time.

> name2id file
> entire contents of /data/cache?

Yes, any stuff in the cache/ directory should be rebuilt automatically
(for playing completely safe, stop wiki, delete stuff, start wiki).

BTW, if your user names are different now, your ACLs maybe don't work as
they did before (because ACLs are based on user or group names, groups
have user names). So check if everything is still matching.