[Moin-user] Can't embed code in moinmoin

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Mar 30 11:16:18 EDT 2007

On 3/30/07, Sven Aerts <aertssven at mac.com> wrote:

> I have to embed this:
>
> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://
> www.youtube.com/v/y91luG9-kn8"> </param> <embed src="http://
> www.youtube.com/v/y91luG9-kn8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
> width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
>
> How do I do that ?
> it just show exactly that iso the result...
> Sven
> IT4YI - the free and open virtual office for all youth initiatives

This is usually a good thing. On a couple of our wikis where we have tight
control over who can edit, we've created a macro that allows you to enter
HTML into the page. If you have a publicly available wiki (where entering
html is insecure) but you want to be able to embed flash, then I'd create a
macro like [[FlashEmbed(url-to-swf)]] that spits out the necessary
object/embed code wrapped around the URL to your swf file.

Just make sure you check your URL to remove any html. You wouldn't want
people to do:
[[FlashEmbed("><script>StealCookies()</script><")]]
--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org