[Moin-user] Error accessing page after moving to new server

Rick VanDerveer rickvanderveer at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 16:12:52 EDT 2007

Check permissions?

Also, when I were migrate my wiki to a new server, this is what I do:
 - set up new server, configured and working the way I expect it should be (test to make sure you can create pages, etc).
 - Once everything is working, copy in the 'data' directory from the old server to the new.  Everything should just work.

I've performed this trick many-many times now.  For example, I have my 'live" server that everyone uses. But, if I want to play with the back-end, I duplicate it to a spare box or VMware (Mac: think Parallels) session.

Also, if you care, you can pretty easily upgrade Python to 2.5, which is faster than 2.3.  I have instructions here:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/RickVanderveer/ApacheOnMacOsx
-Rick

Sorry, did'nt send out system spec before:

Here is what I am running:

Release 1.5.7

Revision release

Python version 2.3.5 (#1, Jul 25 2006, 00:38:48)

[GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5363)]

Python installed to
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3

PyXML is NOT installed

Thanks.

Yusuf