[Moin-user] wiki URL

Uwe Rehse linux at rehse.org
Wed Nov 8 17:26:32 EST 2006

Hi Thomas,

which web server do you use ? If it is the apache server, then the ScriptAlias
statement could be an answer on your question:

ScriptAlias /mywiki "/the/full/path/to/mydir/mywiki.cgi"

The result should be a URL like http://..../mywiki

This works for me at least in a global web server configuration with several
different moinmoin-instances. I did not try it within a .htaccess file.

Regards,

Uwe

Thomas Heller wrote:
> This question is probably OT for this group, but maybe someone can help me.
>
> I have a public_html directory where obviously *.cgi files are interpreted
> as cgi scripts.  Now, I have installed mywiki.cgi in this directory,
> which gives me an URL like http://.../mydir/mywiki.cgi.  The same directory also
> contains other *.html files, which are served fine.
>
> But, I want an url like http://.../mydir/mywiki, without the .cgi extension.
>>From what I've read in the docs about .htaccess files I found that I can
> add other file extensions that will be used as cgi scripts instead of static
> pages, also I found how to specify that *all* files in the directory containing
> the .htaccess are cgi scripts, but, it seems, all this does not allow to specify
> that exactly the file 'mywiki' is a cgi script.
>
> Hm, next is probably redirection.  Can I redirect the URL http://.../mydir/mywiki
> to the public_html/mydir/mywiki.cgi cgi script?
>
> Does anyone have a simple solution for this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas

uwe rehse                                         d-16515 oranienburg
linux(at)rehse(dot)org                             key-id: 0xABECB853