[Moin-user] wiki URL

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Wed Nov 8 10:58:08 EST 2006

This question is probably OT for this group, but maybe someone can help me.

I have a public_html directory where obviously *.cgi files are interpreted
as cgi scripts.  Now, I have installed mywiki.cgi in this directory,
which gives me an URL like http://.../mydir/mywiki.cgi.  The same directory also
contains other *.html files, which are served fine.

But, I want an url like http://.../mydir/mywiki, without the .cgi extension.
>From what I've read in the docs about .htaccess files I found that I can
add other file extensions that will be used as cgi scripts instead of static
pages, also I found how to specify that *all* files in the directory containing
the .htaccess are cgi scripts, but, it seems, all this does not allow to specify
that exactly the file 'mywiki' is a cgi script.

Hm, next is probably redirection.  Can I redirect the URL http://.../mydir/mywiki
to the public_html/mydir/mywiki.cgi cgi script?

Does anyone have a simple solution for this problem?

Thanks,
Thomas