[Moin-user] will moin-moin be adapted to my needs? (corporate wiki)

Yusuf Abdulghani yusuf at apple.com
Wed Mar 2 16:11:25 EST 2005

Fred,

I believe that this should work, but haven't tried it myself:

     acl_rights_before = u"AdminGroup:read,write,delete,revert,admin"
     acl_rights_default = u"All:"

What this suggests is that don't give ANY permissions to anyone except
the users in the AdminGroup. No one will be able to see any pages in
the wiki.

Lets now create a page called "MyClientNumberOneGroup" as follows:

---------------------

  * ClientOneUserOne
  * ClientOneUserTwo
  * ClientOneUserThree

---------------------

Since the above page does not have any acls, it will use the ACLs from
the wikiconfig.py. No one will be able to read/write to this page
except the users in the AdminGroup.

Now let a user from the AdminGroup create a page "MyClientNumberOne"
and give access to all the users in "MyClientNumberOneGroup" as
follows:

----------------------------
#acl MyClientNumberOneGroup:read All:
##language:en
### DO NOT EDIT ABOVE THIS LINE ###

'''Table of Contents'''
[[TableOfContents]]

= Welcome MyClientNumberOne =
Blah Blah.

= Topics Related to This Page =
Here is an exhaustive list of sub-topics related to this page:

[[FullSearch(t:"^@PAGE@/")]]

= Create New Page =
  1. Think of a good WikiName for the topic. It will be used to create a
subpage under this page. Enter it here:
   [[NewPage(MyClientNumberOneTemplate, Create New Sub-Page, @PAGE@)]]

= How to Subscribe to This Page =
Realising that this page is subscribed by many users of this wiki, I
want to explain how to subscribe to these pages correctly:

Just put `@PAGE@/.*` into the subscribed pages listing on the page
UserPreferences.
----------------------------

Note that the "MyClientNumberOneTemplate" can be designed as follows:

----------------
#acl MyClientNumberOneGroup:read,write,delete All:
##language:en
### DO NOT EDIT ABOVE THIS LINE ###

'''Table of Contents'''
[[TableOfContents]]

= Welcome =
Your welcome message. Note that this is just a template. You can set it
up however you want.

= Topics Related to This Page =
Here is an exhaustive list of sub-topics related to this page:

[[FullSearch(t:"^@PAGE@/")]]

= Create New Topic =
   [[NewPage(MyClientNumberOneTemplate, Create New Sub-Topic, @PAGE@)]]

= How to Subscribe to This Page =
Realising that this page is subscribed by many users of this wiki, I
want to explain how to subscribe to these pages correctly:

Just put `@PAGE@/.*` into the subscribed pages listing on the page
UserPreferences.

This setting should probably work....

Yusuf