[Moin-devel] New rst parser

Matthew Gilbert gilbert at voxmea.net
Sun Sep 19 11:34:01 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've just finished wrapping up a "beta" version of a new rst parser. It
is based on using the docutils html4css1 parser rather than letting
moinmoin do the html markup. It supports all of the moinmoin linking
types but using a docutils syntax. In my testing I've gotten much better
results with this method than with letting moinmoin do the markup. There
are still some issues of course with some docutils styles not being
supported, but overall it seems better. Unfortunately I forgot to update
the required line so it mistakenly suggests you need a CVS version of
docutils. I've been testing with docutils 0.3.5 and am not sure if it
works with older versions.

Anyway, I'm happy to make any fixes that anyone sees. I don't know the
moinmoin code well enough to give a comparison with the patch that is
already submitted from June (although, in my testing mine works quite a
bit better and supports more documents).

Please let me know if people are interested in continuing to see this
developed (and eventually included). If the consensus is that this isn't
the correct direction, please let me know and I won't waste anymore time
on it.

Thanks _matt