[Moin-devel] who keeps track of patches and releases

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Apr 29 10:36:06 EDT 2004

>I am one of those who sent some patches to the list, and I
>have been wondering how my patches were treated.

I have looked into the rss_rc fix. The problem is that I am no XML nor
RSS/RDF expert and so I was quite unsure if overloading a library
routine to fix that "None" problem is correct. So I decided to just
remove that "None" stuff at the source, just commenting that one line
out (like it was done in the other half of that "if" there) until that
is cleared. The fix will be in 1.2.2.

Although we did not simply apply your patch, it helped us tracking the
problem. Thanks!

The underlay directory stuff is nice for separating help pages. It
wasn't included yet because it is unsure if we maybe solve that in a
completely different way after integrating multilang (multilang
separates different language versions of the same page, so we maybe can
also solve separating different language help pages after doing multilang).

Multilang isn't integrated yet, so this will take some time....

>Probably my patches were unclear or wrong, or both, but how
>can I tell if they were unclear or they just got into your
>Trash folder automatically? :)  Just a comment from you is
>very helpful for me.

They are in my moin-email folder, not in trash ;)

>Anyway, I am not sure where I should submit patches.
>Mailing lists, MoinMoin Wiki site, or SourceForge?

It doesn't matter much, although in the wiki or on SF they maybe don't
get lost that easily if they can't get processed immediately.