[Matrix-SIG] Re: blitz++ vs. NumPy?

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:30:18 +0100

> I don't know why we can't have 2 Numerical packages, when we have several
> GUI choices. More the better. I suppose that people can upgrade or choose
> gradually.

There's nothing wrong with having multiple numerics packages in
principle, but there is an important difference to the GUI situation:
the GUI community is so much larger than the numerics community
(speaking about Python of course) that it can afford duplicate
efforts more easily. In other words, the problem is limited
manpower!

Konrad.