[Matrix-SIG] Re: blitz++ vs. NumPy?

Yoon, Hoon (CICG - NY Program Trading) HYoon@exchange.ml.com
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:25:34 -0500

I don't know why we can't have 2 Numerical packages, when we have several
GUI choices. More the better. I suppose that people can upgrade or choose
gradually.

While we have better indexing, can we also have missing-values in arrays?
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but it's major importance to my work.
I also have minor problem, when 1/2 does not come back with 0.5.I just use
float for everything. I get NaN as missing and 1.0/2.0 always returns 0.5.
Frankly, this is way some Stat packages do it anyway. I don't think it would
be solved by Blitz, but mentioning it anyway.

S. Hoon Yoon                   (Quant)                    Merrill Lynch
Equity Trading
yelled@yahoo.com hoon@bigfoot.com(w)
"Miracle is always only few standard deviations away, but so is
catastrophe."
* Expressed opinions are often my own, but NOT my employer's.
"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."    Mauldin