[Matplotlib-devel] [matplotlib-devel] matplotlib 1.5.1 closed path in draw_path when it is not necessary closed

Jens Nielsen jenshnielsen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 17:26:43 CEST 2015

I can reproduce the problem with the GTK backend but not the GTKAgg or
GTKCairo backends. Unless you have some specific reason for using the GTK
backend I would strongly recommend against it. It is untested, unmaintained
and officially discouraged:
http://matplotlib.org/faq/usage_faq.html#what-is-a-backend I would
recommend you to use GTKAgg instead.

Furthermore the GDK toolkit, used in that backend, has been dropped from
GTK3 which officially uses Cairo internally and thus Matplotlib only
supports GTK3Agg and GTK3Cario

I guess the issue is likely a result of the large C++ refactoring in
master.

best
Jens