[Mailman-Users] auto approving Message has implicit destination

Bruce Johnson johnson at Pharmacy.Arizona.EDU
Fri Jan 17 13:01:20 EST 2020

On Jan 17, 2020, at 2:34 AM, tom.corcoran at moonbade.com<mailto:tom.corcoran at moonbade.com> wrote:

In the same mailing list I am regularly having to constantly approve emails from the same address with message: Reason:  Message has implicit destination. Is there a setting I can make on the mailing list admin that means the email comes straight through without the need to do this approval?

We run into this ALL the time with our lists; it means that the list address in the email is in the BCC rather than the TO or CC field.

From the FAQ: https://wiki.list.org/DOC/What%20does%20%22message%20has%20implicit%20destination%22%20mean%3F<https://wiki.list.org/DOC/What%20does%20"message%20has%20implicit%20destination"%20mean?>

"Alternatively, if you want to accept all BCCs to the list and get rid of this message entirely, go to Privacy Options / Recipient Filters and set the require_explicit_destination option to be "No". This should be the first option on the page, and by default, Mailman will set this option to be "Yes”.”

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona