[Mailman-Users] Mailman-Users Digest, Vol 191, Issue 3

Allan Hansen hansen at rc.org
Mon Jan 6 02:51:01 EST 2020

Thanks again, Mark!
My responses below.

> On 1/4/20 5:47 PM, Allan Hansen wrote:
>>
>> a. The server was set up with the wrong domain name (our fault), so I had to add the ‘correct’ one. I had seen the command ‘Add Domain’ in
>> the UI and thought that would do it, but Brian kindly sent me a list of additional instructions, which we then implemented. That made it possible to create a list in the new domain, subscribe people and post messages. However, messages are not archived. What extra step is needed to enable archiving?
>

> What are the setytings in Postorius -> Settings -> Archiving?

Archive policy: Private archives
Archive archivers: hyperkitty, prototype

>> b. When go to the server using the new domain (both before and after logging in), I see not just the lists I created in the new domain, but the lists created in the old domain. These lists of lists are domain specific and should not be listed together. That’s just IMHO, but not serious, as I will soon get rid of anything in the old domain. So feel free to ignore this one if this is intended, which I could see might be the case.
>

> Set
>
> FILTER_VHOST = True
>
> in settings_local.py

Yes, Brian told me to do the same. This is the what I wrote back:

hansen at rccrmail:/opt/mailman/mm$ sudo vi settings.py

Edited the setting to:
# Only display mailing-lists from the same virtual host as the webserver
FILTER_VHOST = True

Then Brian told me to restart qcluster:
hansen at rccrmail:/opt/mailman/mm$ sudo systemctl restart qcluster

I then logged in, but the same lists are showing. It either takes the system a long time to reset or it has ignored the
setting.
Just tried it again, and the lists are all showing. Do I need to manually recompile the file?

>> c. I then moved on to the templates and added a template for the message text to send to new subscribers. That resulted in the following error message when I went in as moderator to approve of a new subscription:
>>
>> Something went wrong
>> Mailman REST API not available. Please start Mailman core.
>

> Postorius is unable to access core's REST API. Is Mailman running?

Well, I was able to post to the lists, so I assume it is. Listing at processes, I see a bunch of postgres, python3, nginx, django-adminp but
nothing explicitly with a ‘mailman’ string.

> If so, what's in /opt/mailman/mm/var/logs/mailmansuite.log or whatever it's
> called - defined as `filename` in the `file` handler in the LOGGING
> definition in settings(_local).py.

hansen at rccrmail:/opt/mailman/mm/logs$ tail -f mailmansuite.log
    return Site.objects.get_current(request)
  File "/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/contrib/sites/models.py", line 60, in get_current
    return self._get_site_by_request(request)
  File "/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/contrib/sites/models.py", line 45, in _get_site_by_request
    SITE_CACHE[domain] = self.get(domain__iexact=domain)
  File "/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/db/models/manager.py", line 82, in manager_method
    return getattr(self.get_queryset(), name)(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py", line 408, in get
    self.model._meta.object_name
django.contrib.sites.models.Site.DoesNotExist: Site matching query does not exist.

[ABH] At this point I click to accept a subsription request:

ERROR 2020-01-06 07:32:41,439 699 postorius.middleware Mailman REST API not available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 672, in urlopen
    chunked=chunked,
  File "/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 421, in _make_request
    six.raise_from(e, None)
  File "<string>", line 3, in raise_from
  File "/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 416, in _make_request
    httplib_response = conn.getresponse()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/http/client.py", line 1321, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/http/client.py", line 296, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/http/client.py", line 265, in _read_status
    raise RemoteDisconnected("Remote end closed connection without"
http.client.RemoteDisconnected: Remote end closed connection without response

So yes, the REST API is not there. How can I get it going?
Before we added the new domain, I was able to accept subscription requests to the previous domain’s lists. No more.

Yours,

	Allan