[Mailman-Users] MM3 startup issues

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jan 4 22:16:33 EST 2020

On 1/4/20 5:47 PM, Allan Hansen wrote:

> a. The server was set up with the wrong domain name (our fault), so I had to add the ‘correct’ one. I had seen the command ‘Add Domain’ in
> the UI and thought that would do it, but Brian kindly sent me a list of additional instructions, which we then implemented. That made it possible to create a list in the new domain, subscribe people and post messages. However, messages are not archived. What extra step is needed to enable archiving?

What are the setytings in Postorius -> Settings -> Archiving?

> b. When go to the server using the new domain (both before and after logging in), I see not just the lists I created in the new domain, but the lists created in the old domain. These lists of lists are domain specific and should not be listed together. That’s just IMHO, but not serious, as I will soon get rid of anything in the old domain. So feel free to ignore this one if this is intended, which I could see might be the case.

Set

FILTER_VHOST = True

in settings_local.py

> c. I then moved on to the templates and added a template for the message text to send to new subscribers. That resulted in the following error message when I went in as moderator to approve of a new subscription:
>
> Something went wrong
> Mailman REST API not available. Please start Mailman core.

Postorius is unable to access core's REST API. Is Mailman running? If
so, what's in /opt/mailman/mm/var/logs/mailmansuite.log or whatever it's
called - defined as `filename` in the `file` handler in the LOGGING
definition in settings(_local).py.