[Mailman-Users] The last release from the GNU Mailman project

Brian Carpenter brian_carpenter at emwd.com
Thu Feb 27 18:09:26 EST 2020

On 2/27/20 5:30 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> I don't know why Mailman 3's DMARC mitigation is considered improved
> over Mailman 2.1. It's the same. The Settings and Postorius UI for them
> are more logical than MM 2.1, but they ultimately boil down to the same
> things.
>
> The latest Mailman core (not yet released but available at
> <https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/tree/master>  fully implements
> bounce processing. Prior to this, bounce events were stored in the
> database but not processed. Now they are.
> As I said, it's in the latest version of core. The list specific
> settings: 'bounce_info_stale_after', 'bounce_notify_owner_on_disable',
> 'bounce_notify_owner_on_removal', 'bounce_score_threshold',
> 'bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings',
> 'bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval' and 'process_bounces' are
> not currently exposed in Postorius, but if Mailman 2.1 lists are
> imported with import21, they will be set appropriately and they will be
> in Postorius eventually.

I don't speak from experience in regards to my comment made on DMARC
mitigation. It was based on observing comments that have been made.

Bounce processing will still not be available for new users of Mailman
which is my big concern. I assume new lists will have to have those
settings adjusted via the Mailman shell?

--
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your business. We appreciate our clients.
Brian Carpenter
EMWD.com

--
EMWD's Knowledgebase: