[Mailman-Users] how to disable main mailman-request and mailman list without stopping mailman functionality

Jürgen Dollinger juergen.dollinger at ulm.ccc.de
Sun Feb 2 09:15:33 EST 2020

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Add the following lines to /etc/aliases
>
> mailman-admin:       /dev/null
> mailman-bounces:     /dev/null

If you have mebership reminders active on other mailinglists this is a
problem because you dont get the bounces.

Additionally if the spammers use the web interface it does not help. I
had this problem: Somebody found it funny to try hundred times a day
curl http://mydom.example.org/mailman/subscribe/mailman?email=victim@example.com
I solved it by setting SUBSCRIBE_FORM_SECRET="some_ranmdom_string" in
/etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py .

--
\ J. Dollinger FAW/n Ulm |zeitnot at irc| http://www.home.pages.de/~zeitnot/
 \    "What're quantum mechanics?"   --   "I don't know. People who    /