[Mailman-Users] Fw: Mailman on TMDHosting.com

Brian Carpenter brian_carpenter at emwd.com
Sat Feb 1 15:25:12 EST 2020

On 2/1/20 12:59 PM, Tim H via Mailman-Users wrote:
>   I just now realized my replies were not going to the list.  My bad!
>     ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Tim H <timhfl at yahoo.com>To: Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020, 05:51:03 PM ESTSubject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Mailman on TMDHosting.com
>    On Friday, January 31, 2020, 12:43:39 PM EST, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>
>   On 1/30/20 9:03 PM, Tim H via Mailman-Users wrote:
>>    I just moved a cluster of domains to TMDHosting.com
>> I had two Mailman mailing lists on the old service.  I made a gziped tarball of the entire account using the usual tool. Staff at TMD brought it over and in minutes all my files were in place.
>> But. They do not have Mailman in cPanel.
>
> As far as I know, every cPanel installation has Mailman 2.1.
>
> The issue may be that they just dropped your files into somewhere in
> /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman. You can't just do that. cPanel's
> Mailman is different enough that the config.pck files aren't directly
> compatible and the file names and or locations maybe different to.
>
> See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030641>.
> I searched my entire file set for "mailman" and came up empty. I don't have a path that looks like /usr/loca/cpanelI have /home/(myaccountID), with public_html, public_ftp,  and the usual folders.  I have Hidden Files turned on. I can see a number of folder with dot as the first character in the name (.cpanel, .qidb, .spamassassin, etc.)
> I thought all cPanel installations came with Mailman.  Maybe something happened and it isn't the case since some later version.
> I have paper_lantern on cPanel Version 84.0 (build 21)
> The service I came from had cPanel Version 70.0 (build 69)
> I will go look around on the cPanel docs site and see what I can see.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

All cPanel servers come with Mailman preinstalled. However the host can
disable their clients from accessing Mailman via WHM (Webhost Manager).
So Mailman is there but you won't be able to use it unless your hosting
chooses to enable it.

--
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your business. We appreciate our clients.
Brian Carpenter
EMWD.com

--
EMWD's Knowledgebase: