[Mailman-Users] acceptable_aliases does not seem to work (or more likely I don't understand) V2.1.23

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 1 14:19:03 EST 2020

On 2/1/20 1:58 AM, stinga wrote:
> On 01/02/2020 02:26, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> You can make use of the fact that mailman considers a post to be from
>> a member if any of the From:, Reply-To: Sender: or envelope sender
>> addresses is a list member. Posts from google groups generally have no
>> Sender: header, and the envelope sender is something like
>> 'info+bncbcn2p7unuujrbfxhspsakgqe7gew6fa at googlegroups.com' where the
>> 'bncbcn2p7unuujrbfxhspsakgqe7gew6fa' may not be constant. However,
>> messages from Google Groups have a

> I don't have googlegroup in the email anywhere.
> And the Reply-To: is the original sender in my example: another at domain.com

In order to enable that Reply-To: you need to go to your group Settings
-> Email options and set Post replies to "To the entire group". There
are other options "To the owners of the group" and "To the managers of
the group" which probably also generate fixed Reply-To: headers.

If you don't want to use one of those to create a fixed Reply-To:
address that you can add to your list as a member with no mail, you'll
have to live with the messages being held.