[Mailman-Users] Toggle plain text setting for new users

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 22 11:59:53 EDT 2020

On 4/22/20 7:36 AM, Johannes Rohr wrote:

> What I am asking about is the per-user setting:
>
> When you go to /members  you will see that in the members table, the second column
> from the right is called "plain" and if the box is ticket, messages are delivered as plain text.
> And the preset is that the box /is/ ticked.
>
> I would like to find out how I can toggle the preset.

First of all, that setting is only applicable for digest subscriber and
controls whether they are sent the plain text or the HTML version of the
digest. If the 'digest' setting just left of the 'plain' setting is
unchecked, the 'plain' setting has no effect.

The default for the 'plain' setting is Digest options ->
mime_is_default_digest. The global default for new lists is the
mm_cfg.py setting DEFAULT_MIME_IS_DEFAULT_DIGEST.