[Mailman-Users] How to stop auto discarding when whitelisted and automatic discarding set to 0?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 14 14:20:24 EDT 2019

On 10/14/19 3:27 AM, Tom Corcoran wrote:

> The faq mentioned is unreadable for a non-expert.

In order to solve this issue, you need to understand why the messages
are being discarded. The FAQ at <https://wiki.list.org/x/17892050> lists
the various list settings that can cause this. I will try to translate:

MimeDel: Does your list have Content filtering -> filter_content set to
Yes. If so, and pass_mime_types is non-empty and does not contain at least
  multipart
  text/plain
  text/html
  application/pdf
Content filtering may be removing the entire message. Simplest solution
is to set filter_content Off.

Moderate: probably not the issue in your case.

Scrubber: If your list's Non-digest options -> scrub_nondigest setting
is Yes, this is a possibility but not likely. You can set it to No.

SpamDetect: If your list's Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->
dmarc_moderation_action is set to Discard, set it to Munge From. The
other things under SpamDetect are not likely, but you can check if your
list has anything in Privacy options... -> Spam filters ->
header_filter_rules with a Discard action.

The above are all settings in Mailman's list admin UI.

> I am still getting auto discard from a club email that sends a pdf
> newsletter, I have the address whitelisted in cpanel.

I don't know what "whitelisted in cpanel" means. It may mean the address
is added to Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->
accept_these_nonmembers, but if so, that is not relevant.

I hope this helps.