[Mailman-Users] Mailman 3 Ready?

Allan Hansen hansen at rc.org
Tue Nov 26 22:45:10 EST 2019

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses, Stephen. Much appreciated. I have forwarded them to my friend. I don’t know if he is on this list, but I have recommended that he be, so we can get over whatever hump is getting in the way.

I used the instructions on the Mailman 3 site on my own attempt.

The fact that the mangling will continue is a disappointment. I’m inclined to tell all my AOL and Yahoo users and others in the same boat to find another email service. The problem is that my MacOS users are getting tripped up by the mangling, as it is hidden by the mail clients. I have instructed them to remove previous recipients regularly from the list of such, if they contain the ‘via list’ string. But they don’t read my emails, and we see many embarrassing email ssent to the lists that are meant for one-on-one communication.

What is the best, easiest, guaranteed-to-work way to get this Mailman 3 up and running (OS, add-ons, options, etc.). When I tried myself, I saw a lot of options that I really did not really care to have because I did not know the consequences of each. I’m an application programmer, not a systems programmer.

Yours,

Allan Hansen
allan_hansen at icloud.com