[Mailman-Users] Mailman 3 Ready?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Nov 25 11:56:37 EST 2019

On 11/25/19 7:17 AM, Matthew Pounsett wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 at 05:04, Johannes Rohr <jorohr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The obvious big showstopper is that there is no supported upgrade path
>> from Mailman 2.* yet, according to
>>
>> http://www.mailman3.org/en/latest/pre-installation-guide.html#how-can-i-upgrade-from-mailman-2-1-x
>> and so you certainly don't want to try to upgrade production instances
>> of mailman  without it.
>>

> Is there a timeline for that?

Actually, that doc is out of date. The 'mailman import21' command for
importing a list from a Mailman 2.1 config.pck currently works quite
well. We've used it to migrate several lists on python.org and it works
well (and bugs when found get fixed).

The biggest issue is anomalies in the archive .mbox files that affect
the hyperkitty_import process.