[Mailman-Users] LDAP routing

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Nov 15 13:26:22 EST 2019

On 11/14/19 11:31 AM, Zinski, Steve wrote:
> We are migrating from sendmail (virtuser) mail routing
> to LDAP routing. Setting up routing for users is pretty
> straightforward using the inetLocalMailRecipient class and
> the mail/mailLocalAddress/mailRoutingAddress attributes. But I was
> wondering what would be the best (correct) way to represent the mailman
> alias addresses in LDAP (i.e., list-admin, list-bounces, list-confirm,
> etc.). Would each get its own entry in LDAP or is there a better way? Any
> help would be appreciated.

Are your mailing lists mixed in a dedicated (sub)domain name?  Or are
they mixed in with other non-mailing list addresses?

The former probably doesn't need much other than something akin to a
mailertable entry.  (Is that also migrating to LDAP?)  If it's the
former, you're going to need /something/ to cause Sendmail to recognize
the mailing list addresses.  This probably means that you're going to
need LDAP entries.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die