[Mailman-Users] Mailman with Interworx server administration

Brian Carpenter brian_carpenter at emwd.com
Mon Nov 4 17:36:44 EST 2019

On 11/4/19 5:24 PM, Christian F Buser via Mailman-Users wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Our hosting provider writes that he wants to change from cPanel to
> Interworx.
>
> At present, we have our virtual server on cPanel version 78.0.41,
> which includes Mailman version 2.1.27.
>
> I found a comparison of the two environments on this page
> <https://www.hostdime.com/kb/hd/interworx/interworx-for-cpanel-administrators-and-resellers>
> stating
>
>> Important Differences:
>> cPanel supports PostgreSQL, Mailman mailing lists, NodeJS,
>> server-side Java, Ruby on Rails and the DNSSEC protocol, but
>> InterWorx does not support those things at this time.
> However our provider thinks that Mailman could also be installed there.
>
> Does anybody have (positive or negative) experience with Interworx?
>
> Thank you, Christian

Hi Christian,

Interworx is bought out by LiquidWeb. LiquidWeb is a large hosting
provider that is abandoning cPanel due to cPanel's price increase in
September. I doubt your current provider will be able to get Mailman
installed since cPanel did all the heavy lifting in getting Mailman 2 to
run on a server. Most webhosts have very little experience with Mailman
2. Please see our blog article at:

https://www.emwd.com/cpanel-refugee-hosting/

If you want to stay with cPanel/Mailman then I like to invite you to
consider us. However if you want to stay with your current provider,
then please visit our Mailman hosting service at
https://www.mailmanhost.com. We run the latest version of Mailman out
side of our cPanel servers.

One thing cPanel has that is really nice for list admins is their track
delivery tool for troubleshooting bounces to list members.

--
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your business. We appreciate our clients.
Brian Carpenter
EMWD.com

--
EMWD's Knowledgebase: