[Mailman-Users] Archive updater

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 8 08:34:35 EDT 2019

On 5/7/19 9:50 AM, qro at xs4all.nl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have moved my email list to a new server.
> All is working well, email are send out.
> BUT.... I do have a problem with the archiver.
> The *.mbox archive is updated after a emails has been send.

What's in /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/* ? There should only be
symlinks to /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/*, not actual content.

Sometimes when moving things, the symlinks in archives/public/ are
followed rather than copied and you wind up with content in the new
archives/public/ which never gets updated.

If this isn't the issue, look in Mailman's error log and maybe run
Mailman's bin/check_perms.