[Mailman-Users] FetchMail feed into Mailman

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 26 17:41:04 EDT 2019

On 3/26/19 4:12 PM, Grant Taylor via Mailman-Users wrote:

> Sure, FetchMail can pull email from the ISP and inject it into the local
> server.  But what advantage does that gain you?  Is said advantage worth
> the complexity?

Apparently lennartwware-infested linux distros no longer require MTA,
presumably because smtp is implemented inside systemd now. I'm not sure
the "extra complexity" argument holds, though.

Before this, cron needed an MTA and stock maintenance stuff like log
rotation ran from crontab. So there was more complexity in getting one
set up without a local MTA, than in setting up postfix.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin