[Mailman-Users] FetchMail feed into Mailman

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Mar 26 17:18:42 EDT 2019

On 3/26/19 12:36 AM, Jim Ziobro wrote:
> You won't know how important until you start getting duplicate messages
> like RFC 1047 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1047>.

How would having a local MTA change the behavior in the face of a
duplicate message?

I've seen symptoms of duplicate messages where multiple servers up
stream are the source of duplication.

Are you implying that local MTA alters this behavior?  Or that it
provides additional tracing / diagnostic information?

I'm not aware of Mailman having any Message-ID deduplication
functionality.  Nor have I really seen it as a need.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die