[Mailman-Users] Uncaught runner exception

Lothar Schilling ls at proasyl.de
Fri Mar 8 03:05:47 EST 2019

Am 07.03.2019 um 23:54 schrieb Mark Sapiro:
> On 3/6/19 2:03 AM, Lothar Schilling wrote:
>
>> Following your instruction errors get now logged like this (where x is
>> lower case, X upper case alphabet).
>>
>> Mar 06 10:36:56 2019 (16870) Exception in fixAuthor: Kxx Wxxx
>> Mar 06 10:36:56 2019 (16870) Exception in fixAuthor: NXX - Fx▒xxxxxxx XX
>> x.X.
>> Mar 06 10:36:57 2019 (16870) Exception in fixAuthor: Fx▒xxxxxxxx
>> Tx▒xxxxxxx x.X.
>> Mar 06 10:36:57 2019 (16870) Exception in fixAuthor: RXX x.X.
>>
>> The missing characters ▒ are German "Umlaute".
>>
>> The messages have now been archived and look ok, not mutilated anyhow.
>> But of course they are still stuck in qfiles/shunt
> The files in qfiles/shunt are the messages that were shunted before you
> applied the patch.
>
> You can now reprocess them and add them to the archive by running
> Mailman's 'bin/unshunt' command.
Oh, that's what I did, unshunting them. They were processed and
archived. But the messages - almost 1.000 - are still queued. Should/can
I safely delete them?
> I would still like to find the underlying issue. I have been unable to
> duplicate it locally. I would appreciate it if before you run
> bin/unshunt, you could copy a few of the .pck files aside and send them
> to me off-list.
Will send some .pck files to your private address. Some may hold content
which is not meant to be publicly available, they are for your eyes only :-)

> Also, is the preferred language for this list English or German or
> something else?
It's several lists, and the preferred language is always German.