[Mailman-Users] Uncaught runner exception

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 7 17:54:13 EST 2019

On 3/6/19 2:03 AM, Lothar Schilling wrote:

> Following your instruction errors get now logged like this (where x is
> lower case, X upper case alphabet).
>
> Mar 06 10:36:56 2019 (16870) Exception in fixAuthor: Kxx Wxxx
> Mar 06 10:36:56 2019 (16870) Exception in fixAuthor: NXX - Fx▒xxxxxxx XX
> x.X.
> Mar 06 10:36:57 2019 (16870) Exception in fixAuthor: Fx▒xxxxxxxx
> Tx▒xxxxxxx x.X.
> Mar 06 10:36:57 2019 (16870) Exception in fixAuthor: RXX x.X.
>
> The missing characters ▒ are German "Umlaute".
>
> The messages have now been archived and look ok, not mutilated anyhow.
> But of course they are still stuck in qfiles/shunt

The files in qfiles/shunt are the messages that were shunted before you
applied the patch.

You can now reprocess them and add them to the archive by running
Mailman's 'bin/unshunt' command.

I would still like to find the underlying issue. I have been unable to
duplicate it locally. I would appreciate it if before you run
bin/unshunt, you could copy a few of the .pck files aside and send them
to me off-list.

Also, is the preferred language for this list English or German or
something else?