[Mailman-Users] Message not removeable

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Jun 4 16:41:20 EDT 2019

Op 04-06-19 om 22:05 schreef Mark Sapiro:
> On 6/4/19 3:30 AM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>>
>> In one of the mailinglists came a message what's to big. I've changed
>> max_message_size but it was not possible to send the message. Now I want
>> to remove the message, but that's also not possible, it still is there
>> and the list-owner gets messages about it.
>

> How did you try to accept the message, and what happened?

Using the webinterface. I did not see any error, but the message was not
send.

> How are you trying to remove the message, and what happens?

Using the webinterface. I did not see an error, but the message was not
removed.

> Is there anything relevant in Mailman's error log?

I did not see anything relevant.
Maybe it's possible to make it more verbose.

>> How can I remove this message, or all messages (it's the only one what
>> waits on moderation).
>

> The moderator requests are in the file lists/LISTNAME/request.pck and
> the held message itself is in the file data/heldmsg-LISTNAME-nnn.pck.
> Both lists/ and data/ are in Mailman's file hierarchy.
>
> There is a script at <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_requests>
> (mirrored at <https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/list_requests>)
> which can list and optionally remove requests. It may work.
>
> If you are sure the one held message is the only moderator request for
> this list, you can just remove the lists/LISTNAME/request.pck file, and
> Mailman will recreate it when needed. If you do that, you should also
> remove the data/heldmsg-LISTNAME-nnn.pck file containing the message.

This seems to work, the message is removed ;-)

Thanks for your help!

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/