[Mailman-Users] Nonsubscribers attacking one of my lists.

Christian F Buser luscheina at yahoo.de
Sun Jan 20 02:38:26 EST 2019

Hello Richard Damon. On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 21:43:42 -0500, you wrote:

> It's basically a policy call. If it is a few known addresses, you can
> add them to accept these non-members to white list. If you want to
> accept some non-member but reject others, unless you can devise a filter
> to distinguish, you need to review them all.

It is possible to "subscribe" to a list and set that address to "nomail". So, this participant can still send messages to the list but will not receive anything. Much better idea than manually going through all the messages held for moderation.

Christian

--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe fuer Strassenkinder in Ghana: http://www.chance-for-children.org