[Mailman-Users] Nonsubscribers attacking one of my lists.

Sat Jan 19 21:43:42 EST 2019

On 1/19/19 5:24 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2019 at 17:08, Richard Damon wrote:
>
>> Set the action on Sender Filters for messages from non-members to
>> discard, instead of hold. I had to do that a long time ago (Don´t
>> reject or you will be generating back-scatter)
> OK. I'll try that.
>
> I DO get messages from non-subscribers once in a while that I should pass on to the forum,
> but there are so few of those that at this point, I had better follow your advice.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken Gordon

It's basically a policy call. If it is a few known addresses, you can
add them to accept these non-members to white list. If you want to
accept some non-member but reject others, unless you can devise a filter
to distinguish, you need to review them all.

--
Richard Damon