[Mailman-Users] Cron job to reset member bounce value

Ethan Rudnitsky erudnitsky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 13:24:41 EST 2019

Mark and Carl,

Thanks again for the replies.

Carl, the issue with the server/MTA bring offline is a known and
unavoidable issue because of lack of satellite availability overhead for
most of the day unfortunately. Regarding the mail size limit, those
messages are ones that are really quite small (talking like 500kb) but
still go over the 50kb limit of the mailbox. It is definitely a system that
we are looking to replace but the geographic location and limited satellite
coverage leave us with few options.

Mark, I have confirmed that the crontab.in does automatically copy
/etc/cron.d/mailman, and /var/spool/cron/ is empty. I did also initially
copy the reset_bounce.py to the directory you mentioned, so thank you for
your diligence in checking, sir!

I guess we'll see how it behaves and how it goes. Thanks again; I really
appreciate it.

-Ethan