[Mailman-Users] Cron job to reset member bounce value

Ethan Rudnitsky erudnitsky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:45:37 EST 2019

Mark and Carl,

Thank you both for your replies. So there are actually 2 issues causing
bounces here... the first is the mailbox being offline at times, and the
second is that it is getting messages bounced because of message size being
over the limit. A few of these same accounts have strict 50KB message
limits because they get their connectivity via Iridium modems, so when
someone sends a message greater than 50KB it is bouncing. I have just
utilized one of Mark's scripts and created a cron job in the crontab.in
file at /usr/lib/mailman/cron that is formatted as follows: 0 8 * * *
mailman /usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist -a -r reset_bounce -- -u
manager at xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx -u comms at xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx -u cargo at xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx

I then restarted the mailman service. Does this to be properly formatted
for targeting only the 3 specific member accounts I want?

Thank you both for your time!

-Ethan