[Mailman-Users] Achiving not working, no .mbox file is being created

Bruce Johnson johnson at Pharmacy.Arizona.EDU
Thu Dec 5 16:25:23 EST 2019

On Dec 5, 2019, at 2:04 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net<mailto:mark at msapiro.net>> wrote:

On 12/5/19 10:03 AM, Bruce  Johnson wrote:

I’ve reproduced the issue for a test list; the archive directories are created, but no .mbox file is being created when messages are sent.

I’ve run check-perm -f to fix any permissions issues, but that did not fix it.

we’re sending email via postfix set up to relay to our actual SMTP server.

There are no errors associated with ArchRunner in the error or qrunner logs, and no errors associated with the unarchived posts in any of the logs. I don’t see anything in the system logs either.

What is the mm_cfg.py setting for ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX. The possibilities are

#-1 - do not do any archiving
# 0 - do not archive to mbox, use builtin mailman html archiving only
# 1 - do not use builtin mailman html archiving, archive to mbox only
# 2 - archive to both mbox and builtin mailman html archiving.

Thanks, that was it, it was set to -1. If I set it to anything else this only affects lists that have archiving turned on?

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona