[Mailman-Users] Achiving not working, no .mbox file is being created

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 5 16:04:52 EST 2019

On 12/5/19 10:03 AM, Bruce  Johnson wrote:

> I’ve reproduced the issue for a test list; the archive directories are created, but no .mbox file is being created when messages are sent.
>
> I’ve run check-perm -f to fix any permissions issues, but that did not fix it.
>
> we’re sending email via postfix set up to relay to our actual SMTP server.
>
> There are no errors associated with ArchRunner in the error or qrunner logs, and no errors associated with the unarchived posts in any of the logs. I don’t see anything in the system logs either.

What is the mm_cfg.py setting for ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX. The possibilities are

#-1 - do not do any archiving
# 0 - do not archive to mbox, use builtin mailman html archiving only
# 1 - do not use builtin mailman html archiving, archive to mbox only
# 2 - archive to both mbox and builtin mailman html archiving.