[Mailman-Users] Check message size before moderation status?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 5 15:59:56 EST 2019

On 12/5/19 8:57 AM, David Gibbs via Mailman-Users wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I want to adjust my MM install so that it will check the message size
> before a subscribers moderation status.
>
> Would this be the appropriate change to mm_cfg.py?
>
> GLOBAL_PIPELINE.remove('Moderate')
> GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(GLOBAL_PIPELINE.index('Emergency'), 'Moderate')

That would move Moderate after Hold, MimeDel and Scrubber. I.e., member
moderation and non-member actions would be deferred until after
miscellaneous holds, content filtering and non-digest scrubbing. If
that's what you want, the above would do it. However, what you stated in
words was you want 'too big' before moderation. I would do that with

GLOBAL_PIPELINE.remove('Hold')
GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(GLOBAL_PIPELINE.index('Moderate'), 'Hold')

which would put the miscellaneous holds before moderation and non-member
checks.

As an aside, I find this to be useful:

#
# Put MimeDel ahead of Hold so "too big" is based on content filtered
# message.
#
GLOBAL_PIPELINE.remove('MimeDel')
GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(GLOBAL_PIPELINE.index('Hold'), 'MimeDel')