[Mailman-Users] Changing non-member message

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 22 22:02:57 EDT 2019

On 4/22/19 6:22 PM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> Is it possible [at least without hacking the python code] to change the default
> reject message that gets sent when a not-allowed member posts to a list.

Go to the list admin Privacy options... -> Sender filters

If the non-member posts are rejected because generic_nonmember_action
(near the bottom) is Reject, just below that is
nonmember_rejection_notice which will set the message.

On the other hand, if generic_nonmember_action is Hold and you want to
change the default rejection message for rejecting a held post, that
requires either hacking the source code or creating a English language
message catalog with a "translation' for that message, but I don't think
that's what you're talking about since the default for that is 'Your
message was deemed inappropriate by the moderator.'