[Mailman-Users] Changing non-member message

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Mon Apr 22 21:22:29 EDT 2019

Is it possible [at least without hacking the python code] to change the default
reject message that gets sent when a not-allowed member posts to a list.   the
default message is a terse "non-members are not allowed to post to this list", but
that confuses a lot of people.  they don't think of being on a mailing list as being
an "member" of it.  And several of my lists are associated with actual clubs and
the club-members are confused and irritated to be called a "non member"  [the
problem is almost always a legit person posting from some different email
address].  What I've done [by hand] is send a reject that says

    This is a closed list and posts from unsubscribed email addresses
    are not allowed.

It'd be nice if I could configure that in, in place of the 'non member' default reject
message.

  /Bernie\

            Bernie Cosell
       bernie at fantasyfarm.com