[Mailman-Users] Spoofed spam problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 14 16:40:16 EDT 2018

On 09/13/2018 02:45 AM, Clare via Mailman-Users wrote:

> For the time being I've set this address to be moderated. I'm not always
> able to deal with moderation queue promptly so is there something I can do
> to catch these messages before they get through?

If I understand correctly, There is a single spammer posting to the list
by spoofing a member address and there are also legitimate posts from
the member.

If you can identify some constant information in the headers of the spam
posts that isn't in the member's posts, perhaps a domain in a Received:
header, you could make a Privacy options... -> Spam filters ->
header_filter_rules rule to match that and discard the spam.