[Mailman-Users] Spoofed spam problem

clarer1 at yahoo.co.uk clarer1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 05:45:51 EDT 2018

Hello.

I have a discussion group so all members can post to the group. Most spam is
filtered out by Mailman. But I've just had a couple of spam messages get
through using, I assume spoofing, a member's address.

Spam spoofing a member's address is sometimes sent to the list but in years
of running this list, I've had very few that get through instead of being
held for moderation.

For the time being I've set this address to be moderated. I'm not always
able to deal with moderation queue promptly so is there something I can do
to catch these messages before they get through?

I'm not sure if I asked when a couple of spoofed messages made it through a
year ago and can't find anything in the archive. If I did ask before I'm
sorry for asking again.

Thanks for your help.

Clare