[Mailman-Users] Setting up SSL Virtualhost for Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 11 16:00:16 EDT 2018

On 09/11/2018 11:47 AM, Sean Son wrote:

> Thanks for the reply man. I want to require HTTPS for Mailman and all of
> its lists. I already have an SSL cert . I am running Apache as the
> webserver on RHEL 7.  I took a look at the FAQs on the Mailman site,
> regarding setting up SSL. It mentions that a virtual host can be set up for
> HTTP to redirect to HTTPS, and a virtualhost can be set up for the HTTPS
> and mailman configured to only work on HTTPs.  It is the latter part,
> setting up the VirtualHost for HTTPS and configuring mailman to work only
> with HTTPs, which I am lost on.

There are multiple ways to do this. It depends on whether you have other
virtual hosts and if so, if they should also be able to access mailman.

In the simplest case, just put the various things for the mailman config
such as

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin
Alias   /pipermail/  /path/to/mailman/archives/public/

<Directory "/path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/">
    Options ExecCGI
    Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory "/path/to/mailman/archives/public">
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    Require all granted
</Directory>

directly in the mailman https virtual host.